Chrysler Repair/'95 New Yorker heat and ac ATC controls

Question
Roland, my problem is exactly the same as Tony's. Controls are intermittent on and off, no power on the buttons, car seems to be in default heat mode. I have followed the instructions you gave tony, but I do not get any flashing when I hold the buttons. I checked the fuse in the fuse box which is not under the dash , but on the left hand side of the steering column.I replaced no. 6 fuse (10 amp) but it made no difference. I interchanged the circuit breaker for the air conditioner under the hood. No results. How do I check the power coming from the battery? Thank you. You help is greatly appreciated.

,

Answer
Hi Richard,
The current that operates the ATC control panel comes from the battery and then through fuse J in the power box in the engine compartment, then to the ignition switch which when in the "run" position sends current to fuse 6 in the cabin and from there on a white wire to pin 5 of the black 8-pin plug at the rear of the ATC control panel. So check whether you have voltage on the white wire when the ignition switch is in the "run" position. The return path is via a black wire on pin 2 of that same plug which should be found to be connected to any ground point nearby.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston