Chrysler Repair/'95 New Yorker heat and ac ATC controls

Roland, my problem is exactly the same as Tony's. Controls are intermittent on and off, no power on the buttons, car seems to be in default heat mode. I have followed the instructions you gave tony, but I do not get any flashing when I hold the buttons. I checked the fuse in the fuse box which is not under the dash , but on the left hand side of the steering column.I replaced no. 6 fuse (10 amp) but it made no difference. I interchanged the circuit breaker for the air conditioner under the hood. No results. How do I check the power coming from the battery? Thank you. You help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Richard,
The current that operates the ATC control panel comes from the battery and then through fuse J in the power box in the engine compartment, then to the ignition switch which when in the "run" position sends current to fuse 6 in the cabin and from there on a white wire to pin 5 of the black 8-pin plug at the rear of the ATC control panel. So check whether you have voltage on the white wire when the ignition switch is in the "run" position. The return path is via a black wire on pin 2 of that same plug which should be found to be connected to any ground point nearby.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).