Chrysler Repair/Driver side AC not cool

Hello!  I'm having a problem with the ac temp on the driver side in my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica 3.8.  This car has dual temp controls for driver and passenger.  On a cold day, I had moved the driver temp slider to the warmer side of the "blue" (red for the heating side) and when I moved it back all the way to the left on the coldest side of the "blue", it did not return to be fully cold.  Its like its stuck on the warmer setting.  The passenger side cold temp works great. Should I try the reset method of turning the car to "run" and pressing the ac power button and the recirculation button at the same time, as you mentioned in another post?  I've also read it could be a "blend" actuator.  Can this part be replaced easily by going thru the underside of the dash?

Hi Mel,
Yes, try the reset/calibration procedure.
The blend door actuator can be replaced easily by removing the "silencer"  underpanel of the driver side to gain access to the left side of the control unit. Then it is a matter of removing the blend door actuator, check out the movement of the blend door proper, and if OK then replace the actuator. I can send you a copy of the page showing the location and the procedure as an attachment to an email. I would need to know your email address but don't use the @, instead use "at" or the address will be erased.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).