Chrysler Repair/Electronic Transmission quick learn without a DRB?

Question
Can I perform a transmission quick learn without drb scanner? 1997 Dodge grand caravan. 3.3. Any procedures to follow?

Answer
Hi Alvin,
No, the 'quick learn' requires the drb III scanner. However the transmission nonetheless will learn its characteristics with usage so just take it easy for a few tens of miles of local driving and it will learn from "experience".
Prior to '95, the procedure using the drb II was to do 15-20 accelerations from standing to 45 miles per hour while maintaining a constant throttle opening of 25% which was 'revealed' to you via the drb II. Then do 5 to 8 full throttle downshifts beginning at 25 mph, trying to allow 5 seconds each in 3rd and in 2nd gear. That was the learning procedure, so you could try these as a possible alternative to not having a drb.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston