Chrysler Repair/Hesitant acceleration & engine dies, '94 Town and Country.

A couple of weeks ago my vehicle started malfunctioning real bad. While in DRIVE, and when I pressed the gas pedal my vehicle would leave from an intersection and display hesitant acceleration and multiple engine inaction, reducing the motion of my vehicle to the speed of a turtle. Tried to drive back home, but the engine would die out, forcing me to repeatedly start my engine. On a downhill slope my engine became inactive again as I coasted downward, forcing me to do endure powerless brakes and powerless steering. My vehicle ended up hitting a curve because I had no engine activity to turn my steering wheel. I had to have my vehicle towed to my home because I could not start it. From then on, every other day I would attempt to start my 1994 Chrysler Town & Country with no avail. Then on Saturday March 26, 2016 after numerous attempts, my vehicle started. But I didn't drive it anywhere. I decided not to risk the same mishap as weeks before. I want a mechanic to
examine my vehicle and tell me what needs to be done, and if the price is reasonable, implement the proper repairs.
      The vehicle was bought March of 2013. The current mileage is high: 210,000. The engine size is: 3.8 v6, and it is a front wheel drive. I heard no unusual noise, nor saw any abnormality on the dashboard indicator. On that day on 3-26-16 my engine ran smoothly and continuously for 20 minutes before shutting it off. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Adonis Mason

ANSWER: Hi Adonis,
What is the year and model of the vehicle?

QUESTION: Well, I entered it in the original note, but it is a 1994 Chrysler Town & Country minivan, with front wheel drive, and a 3.8 v6 engine. Odometer Mileage is: 210,000. That's all I can give you. Thank you. You might remember me. I haven't written to you in a while.

Hi Adonis,
Thanks for the clarification. I would suggest that you try to find whether the engine control module has a "fault code" stored in its memory. Turn the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains 'On", to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. The last two counts should be 5 and 5 which is the code for "end of fault code readout". Tell the counts in order of appearance and we'll go from there.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).