Chrysler Repair/Steering wheel

I have a 2001 chrsler 300m. My steering wheel has a lot of play. I've had both inner and outer tire rods done, however every time I take it to get an alignment they are unable to do it. I was told it may be the racking pinion. Any suggestions?Are you in the Atlanta area?

Hi Lynn,
Unfortunately I am not able to give you any further suggestions. Try the other Chrysler expert, Kevin, who I believe may be in the Atlanta area.
If he can't help, let me know and I will look up the rack and pinion in my manual. But at the moment my home computer just stopped working so I won't be available for maybe a couple of weeks. Thanks for your understanding.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).