Chrysler Repair/trouble starting 1999 Sebring

Question
Hi Roland,

I wrote you before the code said EGR. I did not get it fixed yet I went into store Sun night the Sebring not start for over 1/2 hour. When it finally run I notice when I >step on gas pedal< while it moving down he street I hear slight whine or hum noise it coming from engine not the exhaust. Do you have idea what could be?

Please let me know

Thank you,

Mike

Answer
Hi Mike,
I would check the rubber vacuum hoses that are attached to the intake manifold of the engine to see if one of them is detached, leaking or cracked. There is such a hose on the EGR valve also. If you now show a fault code for the egr then it also may be that the valve is stuck ajar so find that valve, notice that it have a valve stem partially hidden (between the round top and the valve body proper) and that stem has a circumferential slot which you can then use to move valve stem back and forth. Squirt some WD-40 on the stem where it enters the valve body and move the stem back and forth via screwdriver inserted in the slot of the stem.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston