Chrysler Repair/Front blower 2008 Town & Country

Question
I have a 2008 Town and Country. The issue I have is with the front blower motor. Most of the time it works fine. It takes spells where it shuts itself off. Sometimes it comes right back on sometimes it comes on for a few seconds and shuts back off and other times it shuts off and doesn't come back on. When it shuts off like this I can stop the vehicle shut the engine off and restart the car. The fan comes back on. It might stay on for several minutes and shut back off or work fine till I shut the car off. I've had it to the Chrysler dealer but they can never get it to act up when they have it. No codes showing. It happened to me again today and I took my light tester to check the power line to the blower while the car was still running. No power was getting to the blower. I then shut the car off and restarted the car. It then showed power to the blower and everything worked fine. I suggested to the dealer that I thought the WIN was at fault because I didn't have this problem before they replaced the WIN on a factory recall several months ago. They told me that wasn't the problem and wanted to change out the resistor and the blower motor. I don't believe that's the problem and declined the repair. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi Gary,
The voltage for the blower motor comes out of the totally integrated power module in the engine compartment, coming from plug 7 at pin #11 of the plug on dark blue wire. That wire is connected to the blower motor at the HVAC box. The current then leaves the blower on a dark blue/yellow wire and goes to the resistor block from which there are 4 outlet wires that go to the HVAC control panel (one wire for each speed) at a 5 pin plug there. The ground wire then carries the current from pin 5 of that same plug to a ground point under the dash on a black wire.
So if you aren't getting constant 12v to the blower motor then the dark blue wire from the power module to the blower motor must be intermittent or there is an issue with the power module's 12v supply proper. The fuse for that supply is unclear in the wiring diagrams but might be #M15, so check if that one might be cracked. There surely has to be fuse, but the listing I have doesn't identify a specific one for the front blower. The rear blower fuse is shown to be J15. I wish I could find the one for the front blower, but check J15 in the meantime. The color of the plug 7 in the TIPM is not shown, so I believe if they are not numbered you will need to find the plug which has a dark blue wire at pin 11 on one of the plugs of the TIPM.
I wish I could do better so let me know what you find.
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston