Chrysler Repair/no instrument cluster or radio: '95 T & C

I have a 1995 Chrysler town and country 3.8 liter v6.  I was recently trying to put in a after market radio and in the process of doing so.  I accidentally touched wires together that weren't supposed to touch.  As a result I now have no digital instrument cluster, radio, interior lights, and the back latch button doesn't work.  I have checked fuses in the fuse boxes, and I bought a new instrument cluster to see if that is the issue.  But nothing has changed. My question is what could of happened to make all this happen? I didn't know if there was a fuse behind radio and in dash.  I'm completely out of options.  Thanks in advance..

Hi Vincent,
I just found your question in the "pool" to which Kevin had referred it. If by "no" working with all these devices you list you mean the illumination lighting of them then I believe tha the Ignition Off Draw Fuse in the Power Distribution Center was blown. This is a 15 amp fuse at the inboard/rear corner of that Center under the hood. It would be labelled IOD and connects between pins 1 and 2. So check that fuse to begin. Otherwise tell me specifically what aspect of each of the devices/systems that you listed seems to work/not work.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).