Chrysler Repair/P0340 code '07 Chrysler Pacifica 4.0 awd

My car recently lost all power and stalled and now won't start its reading a camshaft position sensor circuit a I replaced both camshaft and crankshaft sensors and visually inspected the wires I can find and trace do you know where I can find the ground for this circuit or have any tips?

Hi Steven,
Did you disconnect the battery briefly after replacing the sensors in order to erase the old codes, and then try to start it again to set fresh codes?
On the '06 Pacifica the sensors' ground wire is dark blue/dark green and goes to pin 27 of the number 2 plug at the powertrain control module (black/orange plug). See if that might also be the case for your 4.0L engine in the '07. I don't have the '07 wiring diagrams, unfortunately.
The crank sensor signal wire is brown/light blue.  You can thus check the signal to ground wire voltages for that sensors by use of a voltmeter while you rotate the engine crankshaft by hand. The reading should pulse frequently between 5 and 0.3V The cam sensor signal wire is if the sensors are working. The cam sensor signal wire is dark blue/gray so again see if you get pulsing between that wire and the dark blue/dark green wire when you rotate the crankshaft by hand. If so, then the sensors are working. If you don't get that pulsing then probably the ground wires are not connected to pcm.  If I had the '07 diagrams I could tell you where they connect tot he pcm. The pink/yellow wires at both sensors should show a constant 5V.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).