Chrysler Repair/transmission issue

chrysler cirrus 2000 2.5l engine. transmission shifts forward but not in reverse

Hi Russell,
The best approach is to get a fault code readout of the transmission control module which will give us clue about what needs to be done. An independent shop should do that for $40 or less.
Ask for the 4-digit fault code number(s), what it means, and what they would recommend doing. Then let me know and we'll compare notes with the shop manual for that code.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the "pool" to which it was referred by Kevin.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).