Chrysler Repair/2005 town and country limited. 3.8 engine.

Question
Hello, I love my van. I have owned it for almost 8 years. No problems until now. The two slider doors wont unlock or lock using my key. Is it possible it needs to be programed in or something? They worked before my granddaughter started pushing buttons to the doors. Front and passenger door lock automatically when the van reaches 10 to 15 mile an hour but the slider doors do not and I have to lock them manually when I get out. When I unlock the sliders, and press the button to open, that works fine too. Its only they will not unlock and lock when I use my key. I have kept all the oil changed every 3000 miles using Mobile 1 as well as all filters. It has 103,000 miles on it now. please tell me what and where do I need to start spending money on it to last another 100,000 miles besides the normal stuff. I was wondering about the starter, or any things that would make my van stop and leave me stranded! I live alone and disabled and drive maybe 6000 miles a year. Its in perfect shape. I want to fix anything before it needs to be fixed, so what should I start with, or have the machinic start with. Thank you!

Answer
as far as the doors go  they are known for the door lock accuators to go bad  the dor works manauly just not power locks  so replacing the actuators would be what I do. As far as simply replacing things that are not broke  that i would not do.  Just save little bit of money here and there  for when something does happen.  There is no preventative maintenance as far as replacing parts.

Chrysler Repair

Kevin