Chrysler Repair/'92 lebaron wiper won't shut off/nor headlamps

Question
The windshield wipers on my 1992 convertible won't shut off. I've replaced the switch three times, once with a dealer switch , and still they won't shut off. At times they will shut off when the switch is on the high position. And now I'm having the problem with the lights not turning off and the light covers not closing.

Thanks for any advice you might give me.

Answer
Hi Frank,
About the wipers, if the switch is alright, which it probably is because of having tried several different ones, then the other possibility is that the wiper motor itself is faulty. It has a self-parking provision inside the motor and if that sticks in the self-park position and won't release then the wipers motor will continue to run even though you turned off the switch.
As for the headlamps/doors, if the off-on switch internal contact is stuck in the on position that would be the cause. You could go to the headlamp switch and unplug it. Then test for open or closed connection being present between pin 12 and pin 13 of the switch's socket when you have the beam switch set to low beams. The pin numbers are shown on the plug, but the plug should be disconnected when you test the switch function. There should be no connection when the switch is in the off position, and connection only when the switch is on.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston