Chrysler Repair/Oil Filler Cap Cross-Compatibility

What other Chrysler car models & engine types would use the same size oil filler cap that will fit and be compatible with a 2006 PT Cruiser GT that has the 2.4L High Output Turbo engine?

Hi Daryl,
Unfortunately the part numbers for such things as oil filler caps are not shown in the service manuals but rather in the parts manuals which I don't have. I would suggest that you go to a dealer parts counter and have them tell you the part number for youq engine and then see whether that same number is used for the non-turbo 2.4L and perhaps also check out the number for a 2.7L engine as these were contemporary. Sorry I can't help out.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).