Chrysler Repair/'02 pt cruiser code 0700/0755 trans stuck in limp

i have a 2002 pt crucifer and I'm not a big Chrysler owner , i drove the car and it has reverse and second . i checked the coded s the the 700 and the 755 soloed showed up . Is there a easy way to test or simply replace a module to get this up and running ? i read you bio and you are a Chrysler guru who knows these inside out . Thank For you help . Frank

Hi Frank,
The 0700 means simply there is another specific fault code. That is the 0755 and it means there is a problem with the 2/4 solenoid of the solenoid-pressure switch assembly of the automatic transmission, or it could be a problem with the electrical connection from it to the transmission control module, or the transmission control module is not grounded or the transmission control module is faulty.
In all likelihood it is the assembly itself unless you find any visible damage to the wiring from its plug to the tcm. Fortunately it is mounted on the outside of the transmission and is fairly easy to remove and replace. So take a look at the outside of the transmission on the side that faces the front of the car (remove the air cleaner, battery, battery tray for visability). The assembly has three vertical bolts that hold it in place. After removing the electrical plug, speed sensor plug, and the oil cooler lines, remove the 3
bolts and lift up the assembly. Installation is the reverse process.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).