Chrysler Repair/94 CHRY CONCORD: trans limp-in mode

Question
QUESTION: PCM COMM WITH SCANNER BUT NOTHING ELSE DOES,READS NOT ACTIVE ON THE BUS.TRANS IN LIMP BUT NO CODES,OR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.

ANSWER: Hi Jeff,
'94 was still the OBD-I period, so to communicate with the TCM you need to plug an OBD-I code reader into the 6-pin blue socket under the dash near the steering column and communicate with the TCM that way to get a fault code for the transmission. Have you done that?
I would believe you will find a two-digit fault code number stores and then you can address why you are in limp-mode. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.
Roland

QUESTION: yes I did use that connector I can get engine data and codes (which there are none)but when I try to access tcm/abs/bcm/icm scanner reads not active on bus line

ANSWER: It may be that the reader you are using is not of sufficient "level" to read the other items on the D1 and D2 twisted pair of wires. You may need to go to a shop (or a Chrysler dealer who uses the DRB-2 reader) for a better chance of getting a read out. That is all I can suggest for now.

QUESTION: I am a shop using snap on scanner but I do have access to a drb ill get that and see what I find.

Answer
OK, but I believe the drb-2 is all you need. It should be able to read codes from the TCM and the ABS and airbag module, and if equipped the ATC Hvac control, and the overhead console all of which are connected to the PCM via the twisted CCD - and + wires via the blue socket. I hope you are successful. Also check fuse 17 (5A) in the cabin fuse box which provides power to the TCM.
Thanks for considering a rating and nomination.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston