Chrysler Repair/'06 cirrus/stratus: A/C inoperative

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2006 dodge stratus, the a/c clutch wont engage, unless I ground the relay, I have replaced the relay, the a/c control head, the 3 wire high pressure switch, and the temp sensor in the evaporator. If I jump 87 and 30 in the relay It will engage or if I ground the PCM pin on the relay it will engage. I am stumped.Any help at all would be a GOD SEND LOL.

ANSWER: Hi Jeff,
Just by chance, have you tried to add some refrigerant to the system? That has to be in sufficient amount to have the pressure switch "close" for the relay to then be closed. The voltage across the pressure sensor should be between 0.45V and 4.51V, reading between pins 1 and 3 of the sensor (black/light blue and dark blue wires). If so, let me know and I can go through the circuit with you.
Roland

QUESTION: My wires are purple/white and Blue with 3.8 volts across wires

Answer
The third wire is black/light blue and it is the "signal ground" wire and it is the reference point to measure the voltage of the purple(violet)/white wire which is the 5 volt "supply" wire, and the dark blue "signal" wire which should read between 0.45 and 4.51 if the pressure is in the acceptable range. So verify that is true.
That being the case, you could then go to the pcm where you should find the black/light blue to be at pin 27 of the #2 plug (black/orange) and then verify the continuity between both ends of that wire (0 ohms resistance) and then measure the voltage from pin 27 to pin 29 of the #2 plug you should find 5v on the violet/white wire. Then measure between pin 27 of the # 2 plug and pin 21 of the #1 plug (black/black) and see if you get the same signal voltage as you measured at the pressure switch.
Finally, measure the voltage at pin 11 of plug 3 (black/natural) at the pcm which is attached to the clutch relay. It will be 12v with the key in the 'run' position, and then when you have the engine running and you request AC it should drop to 0v if the pcm is doing its job and the clutch should actuate.
Let me know the results.
Thanks for the rating and nomination which you are welcome to do again.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston