Chrysler Repair/'11 T&Country power sliding door lock

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2011 Town and Country. The passenger power sliding door /w power window has a jammed lock. Its stuck in unlock and cant be moved manually or with the power locks. What could this be? The latch or actuator?
Also, how do you get that carrier plate off?

ANSWER: Hi Aaron,
I have the 2011 Mitchell Manual and so far I have found 8 pages about the electronic operation of it. I can copy those and attach them to an email I will send to you directly. I need to know your email address to do that, and when you tell me don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or it will be erased automatically. Read those and then see what you learn. I can then look for more info about the mechanical aspects but unfortunately there is no "index" so I have to scan slowly thru the CD to find what I am looking for. It takes time.
When you say it has a "jammed lock", how do you know it is the door lock and not something to do with the operation of the door motor/control module?
Roland

QUESTION: My email is lufcyadATgmail.com

I dont know that is isnt the motor module. All i know is that i cant physically move the lock lever on the door to lock with the power turned off to the door. I cant turn the lock with the power lock either. What do you think it may be?

Answer
Hi Aaron,
I have looked some more at my manuals for the T & C and have found a CD for 2008,2009,2010 models and that one does have an index so I could find the sections on the power sliding doors. However it is very detailed and I am sure that you will do better if you buy the CD and go through it yourself. If you go to eBay and search for "Chrysler repair manual CD" you will find it for sale by "idriveautos" for only $6.95 plus 2.95 shipping. If appears to be the same as the 2011 CD but it does have an index so is very much easier to find what you are looking for.

There are also self diagnostic trouble codes that can be obtained by plugging a code reader into a socket under the dash. So you might want to consider doing that as well so you might have an idea of what is wrong to work with.

I don't see how I can help you directly with the problem because of the degree of detail involved.

I appreciate your understanding. If you care to rate/nominate me I would be pleased
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston