Chrysler Repair/Front driver's side turn signal/park: '06 Pacifica

QUESTION: I had just submitted a question and forgot to add what vehicle it is. I am working on a 2006 Pacifica touring with the 3.5 L. The front driver's side turn signal and parking lamp are not working. I checked bulbs and both are fine.

ANSWER: Hi Eric,
The turn signal bulb and the parking lamp bulb are totally separate circuits so there is no obvious common cause for both not to work except that there is a common bulbs ground wire from the bulb housing that is black/light blue and goes to a same color wire that is used for the 'side marker' lamp which should work just the way the parking lamp works.
If it is also not working then that wire is not making good contact at a multi-wire ground point that is inside the engine compartment at just off of the left side of the radiator. So look along that interior panel to the left of the radiator for the grounding points and see if the screw that attaches the ground wires to the panel is loose.
If the side marker works, then find the splice that connects that same color wire from the turn/park lamp housing to the wire from the side marker housing as it may be disconnected there.
Try grounding the black/light blue wire at the park/turn housing to a nearby shiny metal surface. Let me know what you learn.

QUESTION: Good news is I got that problem fixed. It was a corrodes terminal for that ground that tou mentioned, so I cut the old one off and replaced it. Bad news is now the theft system was activated when I turned the car on. The dash information center read some thing along the lines of "sentry immobilizer" and the instrument cluster has the ABS, brake, check engine, traction control and airbag lights are on.

ANSWER: Hi Eric,
That is interesting. Did you touch/loosen any other item than the ground point in doing the trouble shooting, any other ground point for example?
I am not sure what exactly is wrong so do check again to see exactly what the dash information center is reading out.
Do you have two of the original ignition keys for the vehicle which have the bulge in their handles?
It may be that they will work to correct this problem.
Let me know your email address and I will copy a page or so from the manual that tells you how to use them. When you tell me the address don't use the @ symbol, instead us "at", otherwise the address will be erased.
Also, try turning the ignition key "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the information center and also the odometer window to see if 4-digit number shows up in either location.

QUESTION: All connections used in the troubleshooting phase are tight and correct. I only have 2 original key for te vehicle. Trouble codes that came up were as follows, U 110C P0660 P0508 P0688, also the reading on the information center only had that read out the first time. My email address is fireeric90 at gmail dot com

Hi Eric,
None of those codes is related to the vehicle security system. I have copied 11 pages from the manual and will send them to your email shortly.
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect to see if that clears the problem?

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).