Chrysler Repair/3.0L by--pass hose

QUESTION: Friend Roland

I'm writing from Venezuela. I have a lebaron chrysler 1994 3.0 V6. Here in my country we eliminate the thermostat of the cooling system, for the high temperatures. My question is the follow: Is necessary to install the hose water pump bypass?

ANSWER: Hi Marco,
I would believe that the by-pass hose will still be needed without the thermostat because the nipples to which the hose is attached will still be connected to water and so you will have a large leak if you don't use that hose.

I understand you, but i have a solution to prevent the coolant leak whithout hose...i think install in that nipple a rubber cap whith clamps and other rubber cap in the housing thermostat tube...What do you think? ..I have an other question...Why the pipe water inlet is fabricated in two pieces? I believe this way is more likely the coolant leak...I'm considering changing the design of the pipe water inlet..I think build it in one only piece whithout the hose nipple which isn't necessary but maintaining measures...the material would be stainless steel to avoid the corrosion...Here in my country this piece has been a problem for the corrosion and coolant is very expensive...and it is dificult to find...What do you think of my idea?

Best regards

Hi Marco,
I am not certain as why by-pass hose is needed so I am not sure that it would be safe to not use that hose even though you removed the thermostat. I am not certain that removing the thermostat will still get water to the area that is served via that by-pass hose.
I have not heard of another 3.0L owner doing that. has a 'group' called the Chrysler Lebaron Club which has 2,400 members. You could join that group and then ask the question at the club website and see what answers come from the members.
How much is charged for the standard split pipe there in Venezuela? I can see what the dealer's here charge, and can inquire at a parts counter about what you are thinking of doing. Also, what is the thermostat opening temp that you can get there. Maybe there is a lower temp thermostat I can get here.
PS Thank you for the rating and nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).