Chrysler Repair/90 lebaron: brake warning light

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1990 Lebaron convertible with a chrysler 3 liter v6 and auto trans with circle around the D 115000 miles. the odometer don't add the miles but speed works and cruise works. I put in a different cluster with 89000 miles but same thing. Have 2 other problems with car but doubt if they are related, left rear window don't go down and sometimes the brake lite comes on, think i need front pads as there isn't any fluid leaks and it's intermittent and brakes work ok

ANSWER: Hi Bernard,
There are a couple of gears inside the unit which tend to wear out. You can buy those at a speedometer repair shop.
There is one report about this in https://groups.yahoo.com.thechryslerlebaronclub which if you search for a message: "repair odometer gear tripmeter" will describe what needs to be done. It may be a common problem.
On the rear window, that is quite common and you can probably do a search at the same yahoo group for how to repair that.
On the brake light:
make sure the parking brake is fully released when the light come on
make sure the fluid level in the master cylinder sections are both up to full level
try testing pedal: with engine running, apply brake pedal very slowly, gradually increase pressure effort, increase to very high effort (both feet) and hold for 30 seconds, then release pedal slowly. Tell me when (during the above process) the warning light comes on, if it comes on.
Roland

QUESTION: Roland: I can't get the site groups.yahoo.com.thechryslerlebaronclub site to come up, tried a few variations of it too, must be something with the url typed. On the brake situation i tried what u suggested,brakelite came on when i put left foot on pedal to help push harder, then when i would let pedal back about inch lite goes out, push again lite comes on can do this several times only moving pedal about 1 inch. seems pedal goes to bottom or down pretty far.

Answer
Hi Bernard,
Instead of a . between yahoo.com and thechryslerlebaronclub use a /  
On the pedal, once you get the light "on", keep pressing heavily and see if it goes down any further. If so that indicates a slow leak probably at one of the wheel cylinders. If the light comes on at only moderate to heavy pressure but doesn't drop further and light goes out when released then that is an indication of air in the system.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston