Chrysler Repair/'96 Cirrus 2.4L No Start - fault code 42

Question
Hi Roland,
We did all the checks you suggested, and still no sound from the fuel pump. Jumped sockets 27 and 35 for the fuel pump, no sound. Verified that there is 12v on pin 35.
Just for completeness sake we did the relay switching with the high speed fan and wiper hi/lo relays, and each time we had no sound from the fuel pump.
At the end of this we did one more check of the fault codes and 42 is still there.
Any further advice?
Thanks for the help so far,
Kurt

Answer
It would appear that the fuel pump module has gone bad. If you don' have a service manual I can copy the pages for removing the fuel tank and the module and postal mail them to you. Tell me your postal mailing address.
You could lastly verify the 12v is getting from the relay to the fuel pump connector which is located under the trunk floor mat on the left side near the strut tower, it should be present on the dark green/white wire of the green color 4-pin disconnect in the trunk when you have the relay jumped as I described.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston