Chrysler Repair/anti-lock brakes: '90 New Yorker Landau

Question
QUESTION: Hello good day, i have a question about my 1990 Chrysler new yorker landau, my car is currently in croatia and my brakes brakes failed i had it checked here and i was told at jeep dealer that my master cylinder was bad since it is an older car they were unable to get parts here so i had a local mechanic remove the master cylinder and i took it to los angeles where i live to rebuild it i had it rebuilt then had installed  in the car the mechanic bled the system brakes were still hard to when pressed but stopped not as quick as it should it worked ok for all of one day then pedal went to the floor again, the mechanic came over and checked it and bled at the master cylinder and it was ok for a bit then went to floor again the master cylinder is the bosch not the simple kine please advise what i should do next, should i remove all hoses from caliper and rar cylinders and pump the brakes until all fluid goes through the system and keep filling the master cylinder while doing that then reconnect the lines and go side by side and bleed each wheel individually until there is no bubble in the lines, thank you damir

ANSWER: Hi Damir,
Is this an Anti-lock Brake System vehicle? That system has a different approach to trouble-shooting.
You might first verify that the vacuum hose between the power brake booster canister and the intake manifold is in good condition and attached tightly at both ends. Then verify that the master cylinder was bled properly before it was installed.
Let me know about whether it is an ABS. There is self-diagnostic capability if so.
I would not do anything yet with all the brake hoses, or try bleeding them until you tell me more.
Roland

QUESTION: Hello Roland it is with antilock brakes it was bled before installation and then bled again at the main on the master cylinder i will check the line you mentioned, thank you,damir

Answer
Hi Damir,
So this is a Bosch Model 3 abs system. It is a complicated system but it does have the ability to self-diagnose for problems. The spongy brake pedal may not be at all due to air in the brake lines so I would not spend any time/money on trying that as the fix.
The Chrysler 1990 Front Wheel Drive service manual would give a mechanic all the information needed to repair this situation. There are three manuals for 1990: engine-chassis-body, wiring diagrams, and fuel-emissions. These are available on ebay for about $10 each or $30 for the set. I would recommend that you buy those manuals and share them with a mechanic in Croatia.
I can copy 10 pages or so from the ABS chapter in volume 1 (which has a total of 63 pages) and that would give you a place to start. So tell me your postal mailing address if you would like me to do that.
This system is so complex you need to have this sort of information to do the repair intelligently. It is probably not a major problem but you need to know about the self-diagnostics to get it done efficiently.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston