Chrysler Repair/Chrysler 300m catalytic converter

Question
Hi, my car is 99 Crysler 300 m, both catalytic converters are blocked and make some driving issues,
In my country there is no emission test and our laws don't care abut the emission at all, So I'm thinking to remove the catalytics and replace them using pipes,
My questions are:
Is this will do something bad to my engine?
Also, is this will affect the exhaust sound and would be loud or agresive ?
Thank you,,

Answer
Hi Essam,
I am not certain there is no risk, but it would be better than to have blocked up converters remain that way or get worse.  There are sensors that will detect the non-presence of the converters (or at least think they are faulty) and that will cause a fault code to be "logged", and possibly the control module will try to adjust the mixture, so that would be another thing to be concerned would happen.
So if you could possibly 'save' the existing mechanical and electrical connections that 'mate' to the catalytic converters when you remove them so if you don't like the straight pipes you can then get used/new converters and install them in place of the pipes, would be a good strategy.
The noise level may increase but as long as you use the mufflers and those are in good condition I don't believe it would be too loud.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston