Chrysler Repair/dash airflow,1990 Lebaron

Question
Can you give me a visual(or mental) image of the tiny vacuum lines from the firewall outlet to the connecting engine attachment under the hood.90 Lebaron convertible.  Mine broke at the firewall and I got a sleeve hose to fix it but can't remember where to put them back correctly. The cruise control works, and the floor air & defroster air work but the dash air will not stay open. Occasionally it does a temporary flow for 2seconds. Thanks, Mary

Answer
Hi Mary,
The vacuum line between the fireall and the engine intake manifold is a line that runs from the power brake booster to the firewall, and a line from the brake booster to a port on the engine intake manifold.  So look at the power brake booster for a port that is "open". Inside the cabin on the driver's end of the HVAC box you will find the mode door actuator, above the accelerator pedal. Remove the under dash panel for better access to it. The heater/ac control panel also is involved in controlling the mode door actuator vacuum line via a number of vacuum lines that I can tell you about if necessary.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston