Chrysler Repair/'00 Town and Country: Park Lamp Relay out of control

Question
QUESTION: I am working on a 2000 Chrysler Town & Country van with the 3.3L engine.  The problem I am having is the Park Lamp Relay in the underhood fuse panel begins clicking and the park and interior lights are flashing.  The problem seems to occur when the key is turned on.  I have tried multiple relays and checked for blown fuses.  Nothing appears to be out of the ordinary with any of them.

ANSWER: Hi Robert,
This has aspects of the emergency warning light system as regards the parking lamps flashing as you described. Have you checked that you don't have the emergency switch activated?
Which interior lights are flashing?
The hazard switch is located on the multifunction switch mounted on the steering column and is also a part of the left/right turn signal switch lever. So examine that... are the turn signals working properly?
The problem could be with either the turn signal switch itself or with the "combination flasher" which is located in the fuse box under the dash.
Roland

QUESTION: I double checked that the hazard switch is in the off position and the turn signal indicators in the instrument panel do not illuminate during this condition.  The exterior park lamps flash, as does the instrument panel, radio, and heater control back lighting, there is also a rapidly flashing red light near the steering column, but it does not blink in time with rest of them.  It seems to eventually time out, but can restart at any time.

Answer
Do you have any idea as to the purpose of the rapidly flashing red light near the steering column? All the other flashing lamps beside the parking lamps are powered by the body control module wiring (these are normally of course not blinking but solidly 'on') but it is not clear to me why that output of the body control module would blink in synchrony with the park lamp relay except that parking lamp relay is also controlled by the body control module. I guess the cheapest part would be the combination flasher located in the fuse box under the dash as that is what causes the voltage "blink" phenomenon. Other than that, I can only suggest a body control module but that is mush more costly. I hope you might find those in a wrecking yard in a '98-'00 T & C. Let me know what you learn further.
Roland
The body control fuses are 1,2,3,6, under the dash, and 19,22,28 under the hood so you might verify those are good.
Another approach would be to do a fault code readout using a plug in code reader (socket under the dash by the steering column using a professional level code reader that can access the body control module so as toe determine if that module had detected the fault and identified a code number that can then be addressed.
Thanks for the rating and kind remarks, Robert.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston