Chrysler Repair/95 LeBaron Fuse #47 in Distribution Box

QUESTION: Where is fuse #47 under the hood that powers #13 Fuse under the dash board?

ANSWER: Hi Tracia,
It is one of the 6 smaller fuses, in fact one of the three small fuse in the front row at the inboard end of the box. It is the third fuse in that front row, counting from the inboard end of the box. The pin sockets for the fuse are numbered 47 and 46 where 47 is "hot" and 46 goes to fuse 13.

QUESTION: I have checked all the fuses under the dash and under the hood and none are blown. I was  installing a new antenna and hit the wires to the light in the glove box & the light went out.  I inspected it and it was NOT blown, so I put it back and since then no interior lights, no "ding noise" when putting key in ignition and no light in glove box. Also no power to radio.  Have power to show clock but it turns off within 10 seconds. There is a connection for something wired to the wires to the glove box light.

ANSWER: When you say "checked fuses" did you do that electrically (with a volt-ohm meter/continuity tester OR visually)? It certainly seems like either fuse 13 is blown or the 46/47 fuse in the engine compartment is blown. Get a cheap 12v neon glow lamp or a volt-ohm meter and see if you show 12v on pin 47 and 46 under the hood and on fuse 13 under the dash. Let me know what you find.
Touch one end of the tester to a shiny structural surface (which is "GROUND") and the other end of tester to the pins that I listed.

QUESTION: I checked #46 & 47 and there is voltage there.  but for #13 there is no voltage.  What do I do now?

The voltage is carried on a red wire from the 46/47 fuse through the firewall and thence to fuse 13. Are you certain that you are measuring for voltage on fuse 13 correctly? One lead of the meter needs to be grounded to a shiny chassis metal surface and then check each of the fuse pins with the fuse 13 removed. One should show 12v. If not then that red wire is either disconnected at firewall pass through connector or is broken. So do you see 12v on either pin of the 13 fuse socket or not? If so, then insert fuse 13 and measure for 12v on both of its pins. If still only showing on one pin then that fuse is blown.  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).