Chrysler Repair/abs sensor connections

Question
2008 pt cruiser limited 24T

Where can I find the connections to test the ABS sensors with a digital voltmeter to see what they are putting out for milliamps. Trying to locate a bad sensor.

Answer
Hi John,
My approach to finding a faulty sensor would be to look for a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) which will indicate which sensor is faulty and in what way. Then I can likely tell you the procedure that is suggested to correct the problem. I would not try to measure a sensor's electrical characteristics, rather first identify the sensor and the specific way it is faulty, and then follow the instructions as to how to correct the specific fault code. You might get a fault code by means of the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading changes to show a 4-digit number preceded by a C. The abs fault codes all have the prefix C.
It may likely require the use of a professional level code reader at a shop to get the ABS codes but that should not cost more than $40.
Roland
.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston