Chrysler Repair/transmission won't move the vehicle

Question
QUESTION: 1998 Plymouth voyager minivan 3.0 Transmission appears to disengage from all gears after 10 to 15 minutes of driving. Will again operate after approximately 10 minutes or more of just sitting while off. Engine light is on and not blinking. Pulled trouble codes P0700, P1781, P1782, P0731, P0732, P0733 and P0734. This just happened today. Can you give me an idea what might be wrong?

ANSWER: Hi Alex,
I will look up all the codes in the service manual and get back to you this morning. In the meantime I wonder have you checked the fluid level via the transmission dipstick?
Roland

QUESTION: Thank you for quick response. Yes I did check the trans oil and it looks a little dark but is full. I know that the oil and the filter has not been changed for a long time. Could the dirty oil and filter cause this? The code P1782 is a pressure switch circuit code and the P1781 code is a pressure switch circuit OD code according to scanner.

Answer
Yes, a clogged filter could cause such a loss of pressure as to simulate a low fluid condition. So that would be one thing to try, next. Ideally you would have a code 1791 if either of these are the problem but I don't see anything else that would shut down the motion entirely. Since you are opening the trans to change the filter you might as well also change the fluid.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston