Churches Of Christ/early church father

Question
"...there are sins too ruinous, and too serious to receive pardon. Such are murder, idolatry, fraud, denial of Christ, blasphemy, and of course adultery and fornication...Christ will no more intercede for those: he who has been born of God will never commit them: if he has committed them he will not be a son of God." ?? Tertullian AD 200

what do you make of this statment by tertullian?? its hard to believe. That would be horrible

Answer
I think Tertulliun was very much like a Pharisee and that he had no true understanding of God or God's Grace or God's Word to make such a statement. The only sin according to the Word of God that is unforgivable is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and that is because when someone reaches the point of committing that sin, their heart is too hard to even want forgiveness. All sins can be forgiven...the apostle Paul killed and persecuted Christians and said he was the chief of sinners. Obviously he was forgiven.

God bless, Joe Norman

Churches Of Christ

Joe Norman