Churches Of Christ/DRM

Question
I READ YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT DIVORCE REMARRY. THANK YOU!I THINK YOU GOT IT RIGHT! I HAVE ALWAYS FELT THAT ONCE A PERSON BECOME A MEMBER OF THE LORDS BODY AND WE AS MEN SIN AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS WE CAN RECONNECT WITH THE BLOOD OF CHRIST AND BE FORGIVEN. STOP MARRYING AND DIVORCING AND LIVE FAITHFUL!
IT IS JUST UNREAL TO ME THAT SOME OF OUR BROS DEMAND FOLK TO GET A DIVORCE BEFORE BEING SAVED IS JUST EVIL.  HELLO GOD HATES DIVORCE!!! AND AS I SEE IT SAME APPLIES AFTER YOU ARE SAVED-STOP IT AND REPENT AND BECOME CLEAN IN GOD EYES AGAIN IF YOU HAVE FALLEN AWAY.BUT YOU SURE ARE NOT IN A CONTINUOS STATE OF UNFORGIVABLE SIN IF YOU HAVE A WIFE ITS FOR LIFE KEEP HER! IN MY CASE I MAY BRING HER TO CHRIST!! GOD HATES IT DRM STOP DOING IT AND MOVE ON.
I KNOW WE ARE TO FOLLOW THE BIBLE. IF FOLK ARE NOT MORE CAREFUL AND I DO THINK THEY THINK THEY ARE DOING GODS WILL THEN THIS THING IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BLOW UP AND KEEP SOULS FROM OBEYING AND TEAR THE CHURCH APART. I REFUSE TO ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN TO ME.PLEASE PRAY FOR ME AS I DO FOR YOU FOR I AM SINFUL AND TRYING TO GET MY ACT TOGETHER. KELLY

Answer
Hi Kelly,

I really appreciate your kind words to me regarding my teaching and understanding of divorce and remarriage. I want to stress that I have always believed marriage should be once and for life just as God originally intended from the time of creation - One man is to join with one woman and the two are to become one flesh and remain together until death parts them. I never seek to encourage anyone to divorce and certainly do not believe anyone can just divorce for any reason and marry someone new or that they can do this as often as they want with no consequences.

But just as you stated above, it is wrong to tell any married couple that the only way to be right with God is to divorce. I do not believe any marriage can be adulterous. I believe it can be a one time sin act to divorce and it can be a one time sin act to marry someone new when the divorce should never have happened. But these sins can be forgiven and that new marriage should be for life and centered on God. Live faithful to each other and to God and you will be right with God.

I do not see a question for me from you Kelly but felt the need to state that I do not encourage divorce for any reason we see fit nor do I want people to divorce and marry over and over again. If you do have a question for me, I am happy to answer you. I will keep you in my prayers as you asked of me and I thank you for praying for me as well. I am far from perfect and none of us is perfect and we all need prayers and encouragement to live for God.

In Christian Love, Joe Norman

Churches Of Christ

Joe Norman