Churches Of Christ/Prophecy

May I ask a few questions?

Was tyre ever destroyed? The bible says it was supposed to never be inhabited, yet atheists claim it still stands

Did the Neil river ever dry up?

And did Egypt ever convert to Judaism as it was suppose to

With regard to Tyre (Tyrus) and its destruction:

I'm hypothesizing that you are referencing Ezekiel 26.  Here is an in depth, systematic response.

With regard to the Nile ever drying up and "Egypt" converting to Judaism:

I'm supposing that you are talking about Isaiah 19.  The issue with this interpretation is that it is a misunderstanding of the book of Isaiah.  Isaiah is not actually writing a book of prophecy about any other nation.  He tells you in Chapter 1 verse 1 that his prophecy or prophecies concern Judah and Jerusalem.  The other nations mentioned are metaphors for Judah and Jerusalem because they wanted to be like those surrounding nations.  The answer requires a more in depth study than I have space for here, but I do have a blog that addresses this point.  I recommend starting with chapter 1 and reading through chapter 19.

The same response would be given for Egypt converting to Judaism.  That's not actually what the prophecy says.  It says Egypt, which is a metaphor for Judah, will ultimately be converted to God.  When Judah went astray for the final time in the days of the Roman Empire, a number of the Jews converted to Christianity.  The rest of the Jews hated the Christians and tried to destroy them, but were wiped out.

I know this answer is insufficient here, but if you read the blog posts concerning Isaiah, it will explain it in far more detail than I can here.

Churches Of Christ

Ernie Laurence, Jr.

I am capable of answering any questions concerning doctrines of the church of Christ. I specialize in Creation vs. Evolution topics, the book of Revelation and other Biblical prophecies, and other apologetics related topics such as distinctions from denominational doctrines.

My experience in this area includes: having been raised by members of the church of Christ from infancy, having been immersed into the church of Christ at age ten, having taken an active role in worship/service leadership (song leading, teaching, preaching, youth ministry) since age fourteen through the present, and participating in numerous formal debates, research projects, and online discussions.

The church of Christ

Local congregations.

I hold a bachelor's degree in computer information systems (CIS) from Tarleton State University which focuses on business communication and management. This provided training for how to deal professionally with individuals and organizations if not direct training in the field of religion. See experience section for informal education experience.