Churches Of Christ/Catholicism and Protestantism.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Dale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism

What are the Similarities and Differences in Catholicism and Protestantism ?

Are there different churches for both ?. i.e. Catholics go for worship and praying the all mighty to a different church and Protestants go to a different church ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Prashant S Akerkar, thanks for the question.
2 Thessalonians 2
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

This is the Popes and the Roman  church. The Roman Catholic church began in the days after the Apostolic Age. The protestant movement (reformers) began in the 1500 with Martian Luther. The protestant (reformers) movement did not reject the Roman Catholic church. They were trying to reform the Catholic church.  This movement protested some of the practices of the Catholic church. But they still believe the Catholic church was the church of the Bible. It was not until the RESTORATION MOVEMENT that men seeking the TRUTH returned to the Bible and only did that which they found commanded in the New Testament.
So in truth the Catholics and Protestants are both in error. The only true church came out of the Restoration Movement. Not out of the Protestant churches. The only true Christians are the men and woman who practice worship to God in Spirit and Truth. This worship is found on the pages of the New Testament.  

The book  Acts of the Apostles which tells of the conversions of many different people. In Chapters 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, and 22 are 8 key examples of conversion and from these examples certain universal principles of conversion can be understood.

First, conversion is dependent upon the acceptance of the Word of God by the sinner. Jesus said, "The seed is the Word", and conversions mentioned in the book of Acts bear out the necessity of both the presentation of God's word to the sinner and his acceptance of it. (Rom. 1: 16) The presentation can be either public or private; through words either spoken or written, but their acceptance always results in belief that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. (Rom. 10: 17) We also read, "They believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God" (Acts 8: 12), and in Acts 18: 8, "And many of the Corinthians hearing, believed and were baptized".

Second, faith in Jesus Christ, produced by the testimony of the Word of God leads to a change in a sinner's attitude toward his own transgressions. With faith comes an understanding of God's love to man. This, in turn, leads the sinner to determine to turn away from sin, for we read, "Or despiseth thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and long-suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?" (Rom. 2: 4). An example of this part of conversion is found in Acts 2 in response to Peter's preaching of Christ. The Bible says, "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in the heart and said unto Peter, 'Men and brethren what shall we do?' Then Peter said unto them, repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2: 36-38).

Third, this change in a person's heart must lead to certain actions before conversion is complete. One of these actions is confession that Jesus is the Christ, for we read, "With the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Rom. 10: 9,10).

Finally, a person must be baptized in the likeness of Christ's death and burial (Rom. 6: 4) in order for God to forgive him of past sins. The Bible says, "Arise and be baptized and wash away thy sins calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22: 16). And we also remember in a scripture we read only a moment ago that in Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost, he said that both repentance and baptism are necessary in order to receive the remission of sins. (Acts 2: 38) Later Peter echoed this same thought again when he said that "baptism doth also now save us" (I Peter 3: 21).

I hope you will understand the difference between the Catholics Protestants Reformers) and the true men and woman of the Restoration Movement. I would encourage you to do a study about the Restoration not the (Reformation i.e. Protestants)
Dale

QUESTION: Dear Dale

Thank you.

Christianity Religion is broadly divided into two Divisions or Communities viz Catholics and Protestants.

This are my views mentioned below.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God has founded the religion Christianity. Mother Mary is Mother of the Lord. Both are Great. The Holy Churches are open to all whether Catholics or Protestants and not only Catholics or Protestants but to all other religions.

I personally born Hindu religion by birth visit Different churches
St Lewis Church, Mount Mary Church, St Michael Church. The Dear Friends, Brothers and Sisters of those churches allow me to enter the church, pray and worship before the All Mighty. I get mental peace. They do not stop me to enter the church just because i am from a different religion.

I personally feel Catholics should be allowed to visit the Protestants Churches and Protestants should be allowed to enter the Catholics Churches and they should do this.

I also personally feel there should be a common church for both the communities and not different churches for the Catholics and Protestants communities.

Note : Mother Mary is Mother of the Lord itself. Both are Great. God is Great.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Prashant S Akerkar. thanks again for your interest in things Spiritual. I want to try and answer any question you have concerning the Bible. You seem to be stating matters of fact and not any questions in your last letter. But I will take this opportunity to maybe try and help you in what the Bible teaches about True worship to God.
I will start with some remarks you made in the last letter. First you said religion is divided into two groups. I will like to add a third group to the two you mention. And the group I will add are Christians. Christians are NOT Protestants or they are NOT Catholics.

Acts 11:26
26And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Acts 26:28
28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
1 Peter 4:16
16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. are those people that worship God in Spirit and in Truth. The honest person that will open his Bible and find out what God has said pleases Him.

You said Jesus founded a Church. Yes, he purchased His church with His blood. He has only one church and that church is His body.

EPH.22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Mary is the mother of Jesus. And she is just that, Jesus' mother. When you read the Bible you find Jesus said everyone who hears God Word and does His Father's will. Are His mother and brothers.

Luke 8:20 And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

I would hope and pray all people everywhere could read God's Word the Bible and come together and worship only as God directs them in His Word. When honest men read the Bible God directs their actions in worship by His inspired Word. We have an obligation to God to read and understand the Bible. Man made churches are not what God intended when He gave His Son to save the world. Jesus said, you will know the Truth and the truth will set you FREE!!! And Jesus also said, The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
SO , if the Words of Jesus give life. We should read the Bible and find out what Jesus said, Right? I hope you will read your Bible and learn the plan God has for the world. The Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are Books written to prove the history of Jesus and also prove He is the only Begotten Son of God. The Book of Acts is a history of the church in its infancy. The letters to the churches, the epistles are instructions written to different churches (Christians) Read these books and you will see God's plan to rescue man from eternal punishment. And to give the Christian a place in heaven with Him forever.
If you have any other questions please ask. Also you may be interested in this website http://www.bible.ca/
God Bless your studies.
Yours Truly, Dale

QUESTION: Dear Dale

Thank you.

Statistically if we take a count of Total Number of Catholics and Total Number of Protestants in all countries, which will be more in number ?.

This can be calculated by the simple mathematical formula of summation.

Just As a example,

1. Country : USA Total Number of Catholics : 2000000. Total Number of Protestants : 1500000.
2. Country : United Kingdom Total Number of Catholics : 1500000. Total Number of Protestants : 2000000.

Total Number of Catholics in the world = Sum of Catholics in every country.
Total Number of Protestants in the world = Sum of Protestants in every country.

As we know, Every Christian baby born in a family will be either a Catholic or a Protestant.

Note : The above example does not show any real figures, the numbers shown are taken just for computation.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant S Akerkar,
Thanks again for your concern about things of the Bible and of God. Now I thought I had explained to you the definition of a Christian. But when I read your last letter you stated.

"As we know, Every Christian baby born in a family will be either a Catholic or a Protestant."

Thats not right. Every baby is NOT a Catholic or a Protestant. And if they mature to be a Catholic or they mature to be a Protestant they are NOT Christian.

Christians are NOT Catholic and Christians are NOT Protestants.

Christians are the men and women who obeyed God in His Gospel plan of Salvation. They have "no creed but Christ, no book but the Bible, no name but the name Christian." Christians speak only were they find authority in the Bible to act. And if the Bible does not give any authority The Christian will not assume to know the mind of God. And that means they will not act without God's approval in matters of Faith.

I want to help you if you have a Bible question. So if I can help you please limit your question to the Bible subjects. I am certain we can have a better conversation if we talk about the Bible.  

Churches Of Christ

Dale Ferguson