Churches Of Christ/Church offerings

How should Christians use offerings, to help the needy/poor, to pay for Church electricity bills and water bills, to buy a car for the pastor? Please me scriptural advice on how offerings should be used.

Now about the collection for the Lord's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do.
- 1 Cor 16:1

The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.For Scripture says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages." - 1 Tim 5:17-18

Churches Of Christ

Daniel Keeran

I can answer questions about church history, salvation, various divisions among Christians, and issues relating to the emerging church.

I have a university degree in Bible from Daid Lipscomb University and have taught missions and Bible at the university level.

Shelbourne Street church of Christ, Victoria, BC

"Radical Christianity: Peace and Justice in the New Testament" and articles published in Mission Journal. Publications and free resources are available at

BA in history and Bible from David Lipscomb University; MA in European history from University of Kentucky; MSW in clinical social work from Kent School of Social Work.