Churches Of Christ/Converting information

Many years ago I spent time studying the Bible with some church elders and they used some format for step by step explanation of the steps to become a Christian. I remember that it was so simple with the different scriptures to explain each step. Do you have anything similiar or can you direct me to such a format.

There are tracts the churches of Christ put out and most local congregations have these available for free in their foyer area. I would also recommend a book by Ed Wharton called The Churches Of Christ - it does a very nice job of explaining and showing all the scriptures which instruct us on how to organize the Lord's church, how to worship, and how one becomes a Christian. This book can be found if you search for it on Amazon and is also available through the Gospel Advocate book store. I hope this helps you. God bles, Joe

Churches Of Christ

Joe Norman

I can answer questions regarding acceptable worship, organization of the church, or any apsect of the Christian life. I am the son of a preacher and have studied the Bible from cover to cover since I was 12 years old. I am strong in my research skills and do not follow teachings of men. Many will label me as conservative and some might label me as liberal, but I just seek to be biblical. I understand proper exegesis and hermeneutics and apply them. My desire is to share my knowledge of God's Word with others. Please always keep in mind that none of us who are listed as experts here are divinely inspired and therefore it is possible to get incorrect answers from any one of us. Study the Scriptures and decide for yourself if what is taught is true.

I am the 4th generation in my family to be a faithful member of the church of Christ. I was raised by a preacher and have studied the Bible everyday since I was twelve. I am 45 yrs old now. I am not a "scholar", but I am very familiar with the scriptures.

member of the church of Christ, served as a Deacon for a few years at LakeShore church of Christ in Waco, Tx. I currently live in the North Dallas area and am still very active within the church of Christ teaching, leading Bible Studies, and songleading as well. I am also actively involved in online ministry. I hope to open my own webpage eventually.

School of hard knocks