Churches Of Christ/willful sin

Question
I BECAME A CHRISTIAN MANY YEARS AGO. RECENTLY TOOK AN INVENTORY OF MY LIFE AND REALIZED I HAVE WILLFULLY SINNED THE SAME SIN AGAIN AND AGAIN I HAVE REPENTED   CAN I REGAIN MY SALVATION OR AM I PERMANENTLY LOST.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION.

Answer
You certainly can regain your salvation.  The only sin that cannot be repented of is sin committed up to the point of death (1 John 5:16).  James 5:19-20 speaks of the Christian who has strayed, who is converted back.  This isn't a faithful Christian who stumbles, but a Christian who has turned from God to walk in darkness (1 John 1:6).  Converting such a one saves their soul from death according to James.

If you have repented and have rededicated yourself to walking in the light, then God is more powerful than your sin and will accept you back with open arms, just like the Prodigal Son (Luke 15).

In Truth and Love,

Ernie

Churches Of Christ

Ernie Laurence, Jr.