Churches Of Christ/Legalism

Thanks so much for your time.At what point does obeying the commandments of God out of a loving heart become legalistic? In other words when one reads the New Testament, finds commandments and keeps them out of a loving heart, when would this become legalistic?

When we obey to become worthy instead of obeying as humble unworthy servants, we become legalistic.

So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.'" - Luke 17:10  

Churches Of Christ

Daniel Keeran

I can answer questions about church history, salvation, various divisions among Christians, and issues relating to the emerging church.

I have a university degree in Bible from Daid Lipscomb University and have taught missions and Bible at the university level.

Shelbourne Street church of Christ, Victoria, BC

"Radical Christianity: Peace and Justice in the New Testament" and articles published in Mission Journal. Publications and free resources are available at

BA in history and Bible from David Lipscomb University; MA in European history from University of Kentucky; MSW in clinical social work from Kent School of Social Work.