Churches Of Christ/The day we stand before God.

Hello once again! Thanks as always for your time.Do you believe on Judgment day Jesus will have mercy and compassion on Christians or do you think he will be very stern and strict?  Do you believe that even for Christians Jesus will be very hard and stern when he judges us or more merciful and gentle? In other words do you think on Judgment day Jesus will look at a lot of Christians and say I never knew you, you did not live for me but for yourselves. You did not give for righteousness but practiced sin and worldly pleasure. Your whole life was not spent for me but you were lazy and worldly.     Or do you think Jesus will say, you believed in me and were baptized so welcome to heaven?   Thanks

Hi Josh,

I think first of all that it should be understood the day of judgment is not the day when each soul is investigated as to how they lived their lives. It is the day that judgment is passed. We are all guilty of sin and deserve death. Only those who put on Christ will be saved. I believe what Jesus said in Matthew 7. I will put it in my own words. The way to eternal life is a narrow way and it is a difficult way. Few will find it. I also believe Jesus when He said that many will say Lord Lord but will be told - depart from me you who practice lawlessness for I never knew you. No we don't EARN our salvation but that doesn't mean nothing is required on our part.

In Christian Love, Joe

Churches Of Christ

Joe Norman

I can answer questions regarding acceptable worship, organization of the church, or any apsect of the Christian life. I am the son of a preacher and have studied the Bible from cover to cover since I was 12 years old. I am strong in my research skills and do not follow teachings of men. Many will label me as conservative and some might label me as liberal, but I just seek to be biblical. I understand proper exegesis and hermeneutics and apply them. My desire is to share my knowledge of God's Word with others. Please always keep in mind that none of us who are listed as experts here are divinely inspired and therefore it is possible to get incorrect answers from any one of us. Study the Scriptures and decide for yourself if what is taught is true.

I am the 4th generation in my family to be a faithful member of the church of Christ. I was raised by a preacher and have studied the Bible everyday since I was twelve. I am 45 yrs old now. I am not a "scholar", but I am very familiar with the scriptures.

member of the church of Christ, served as a Deacon for a few years at LakeShore church of Christ in Waco, Tx. I currently live in the North Dallas area and am still very active within the church of Christ teaching, leading Bible Studies, and songleading as well. I am also actively involved in online ministry. I hope to open my own webpage eventually.

School of hard knocks