Churches Of Christ/God in life

Question
I was raised catholic, yet at age 19 I felt romped to seek God fully, and found the churches of Christ.

I joined a church at age 19, my minister never baptized me, and never gave a reason. I has to leave though, due to the fact that we were not a united church, and I was gossiped and lied about. I spent many years alone, till age 26 when I joined another church. I spnt two years there volunteering my time. After 2 years I left, my ex minister enjoyed judging others, cussing, saying hateful things about his wife and others, making unfounded accusations.

I then met a young women whom I prayed about. It was during this time I felt prompted by God to pray, have faith, and be patient. I've lately been praying for God to change us both. I lost a great deal of faith during my time in the churches of Christ. But as I said, I felt God urging me to discover him, and indeed I started to see God reveal himself in his creation.

I sadly have not been back to church since, but feel God urging me to return.

My question is, has God been trying to nudge me in my life lately?

Answer
Hi Raul.
I pray you are well this Lord's Day. I will get right to your question as it concerns God's urging you. I believe the Bible teaches us God is the light which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (1John 1:9) But I do not believe God will come down out of heaven, take you by the hand  and invite you to become a Christian. God will no more nudge you than He will nudge me. Jesus Christ said, "it is finished" Jesus has made a way for ALL men to become a Christian. And this way does not include God nudging us or doing anything outside of His Word to help us become a Christian. Raul, The Bible is sufficient 2 Peter 1:19, Peter said that “We have the prophetic word made more sure, to which we do well to pay attention.” The Bible which we hold in our hands contains everything that pertains to “life and godliness” (2 Peter 1:3-4). It is sufficient in its ability to save and to sanctify, it is inerrant, and infallible, and it is complete as it is. Nothing can substitute for it, nor supplement it, because it contains all that God intends for us to have. Because all of this is true of Scripture. Romans 1:16 says, it is God's power to SALVATION.

Raul, you don't need to be nudged you need to get up and take advantage of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us at Calvary's Cross. There will not be any more revelations given to man to encourage us to become children of God. The way has been made ready at the cross and only need to obey Jesus Christ.
1) we must to understand Jesus Christ died for our sin (1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:)
2) we must to confess Jesus as Lord. ( Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.)
3) we must to repent of our sin (Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.)
4) we must be baptized for the forgiveness of our sin. (Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.)
These things we MUST do to become a child of God and they do not include being nudged. Raul God has given ALL that you need to be His child. The rest is your decision to make. My prayer for you is that you will obey God. One more thing, I seem to detect a complaint in your letter about how other men have treated you or maybe said some things to you that made you feel hurt. You will have to move past these men and their words. Learn the truth of God and obey God rather than man. And if your still looking for a nudge maybe this is it! :) God Bless and best of God's Speed to you and your family.

Churches Of Christ

Dale Ferguson