Churches Of Christ/Leviticus 15

In leviticus chapter 15 the bible speaks about bodily discharges from a man and a woman. It is followed by the methods of sanctification like taking a bath and staying away and the rest.

Are we binding by those laws in christian era.Should we also clean ourselves and stay away in such circumstances.

The Old Law was nailed to the cross (Col. 2:14; Eph. 2:15; Hebrews; etc.)  We are not spiritually bound to follow those laws.

Having said that, a lot of the OT laws were given for practical purposes to keep the Israelites better off physically than their surrounding neighbors, to preserve them for the purpose of fulfilling the promise to Abraham in Gen. 15.  In 3rd world countries, which emulate the conditions of societies and technology back then, those laws are good practices to keep people healthy.  If someone is bleeding, we now know that disease is very easily transferred through the blood, and keeping separate and clean will hinder that spread.

I hope that answers your question.

Churches Of Christ

Ernie Laurence, Jr.

I am capable of answering any questions concerning doctrines of the church of Christ. I specialize in Creation vs. Evolution topics, the book of Revelation and other Biblical prophecies, and other apologetics related topics such as distinctions from denominational doctrines.

My experience in this area includes: having been raised by members of the church of Christ from infancy, having been immersed into the church of Christ at age ten, having taken an active role in worship/service leadership (song leading, teaching, preaching, youth ministry) since age fourteen through the present, and participating in numerous formal debates, research projects, and online discussions.

The church of Christ

Local congregations.

I hold a bachelor's degree in computer information systems (CIS) from Tarleton State University which focuses on business communication and management. This provided training for how to deal professionally with individuals and organizations if not direct training in the field of religion. See experience section for informal education experience.