Churches Of Christ/Leviticus 15

Question
In leviticus chapter 15 the bible speaks about bodily discharges from a man and a woman. It is followed by the methods of sanctification like taking a bath and staying away and the rest.

Are we binding by those laws in christian era.Should we also clean ourselves and stay away in such circumstances.

Praywin

Answer
The Old Law was nailed to the cross (Col. 2:14; Eph. 2:15; Hebrews; etc.)  We are not spiritually bound to follow those laws.

Having said that, a lot of the OT laws were given for practical purposes to keep the Israelites better off physically than their surrounding neighbors, to preserve them for the purpose of fulfilling the promise to Abraham in Gen. 15.  In 3rd world countries, which emulate the conditions of societies and technology back then, those laws are good practices to keep people healthy.  If someone is bleeding, we now know that disease is very easily transferred through the blood, and keeping separate and clean will hinder that spread.

I hope that answers your question.

Churches Of Christ

Ernie Laurence, Jr.