Churches Of Christ/churches of Christ in Lake Chapala, Mexico area

Question
QUESTION: In a google search, I saw that you had asked about any churches in the Lake Chapala, Mexico area.  Did you fine any, or find a place where you could get more information.  I can ill you in with more details later, but for now was wondering if you had found out anything.  Thanks for your help.
In Christ,
Richard Rogers

ANSWER: Brother Richard, I am a shut-in. I would more likely help people find congregations than need to find one. I have done a few, but I do not remember Lake Chapala; unless it goes by a regional name, too.

However, I do thank you for your concern and willingness to help members of the church.

In His Service,
Marvin Howard

QUESTION: Marvin,  Thanks for the help.  I think the article I saw was dated around 2004, but I thought I would try anyways.  I have been preaching for 40+ years and will be turning 65 this year.  My wife and I have been exploring possible places that we could move to where we could afford it on our limited income and also be of benefit to the church.  We have not settled on a place yet, but this was one of our options.  If there is no church in the immediate area, then it would be a good time to work at establishing one.  We have been involved in mission work so this may be a possibility.  Again, thanks for the help
Richard Rogers

Answer
Brother Richard, from your fist question, I believed you thought I needed a congregation in Lake Chapala. I think I remember that request. If I remember right, that is the province of Jalisco? Now I see it was you who needed the information. As will all of these I do, it will be up to you to determine how sound these are. Here is what I could find.

Metropolitan Iglesia de Cristo
16 miles distant
51 Humbolt Col. Centro
Mexico Distrito Federal    Distrito Federal    Mexico   
Contact:      
Elders? Yes   Minister? Yes
Phone: (011)(525) 523-2055   
Size: 200
Worship Services: 11:30 Sunday Come to visit...bring your mom!!   

Iglesia de Cristo
16 miles distant
Calle 13 De Septiembre
Col. Condesa
Mexico Distrito Federal    Distrito Federal    11 Mexico   
Contact:      
Elders?   Minister?
Phone:   

Confraternidad Cristiana
16 miles
Chimalcoyot # 107 Col. toriello Guerra
Delegacion Tlalpan
Mexico Distrito Federal    Distrito Federal    14050 Mexico   
Contact: Antonio Gutierrez      
Elders?   Minister?
Phone: 56886591/56884269/55   
Size: unreported
Sunday Morning Bible Study: 1:00 Sunday Morning Worship: 12:00   

Iglesia de Cristo Cuernavaca
22 miles distant
Av. Palmira SN
Col. Palmira Tinguidin
Cuernavaca    Morelos    62490 Mexico   
Contact: Victor Alvarez      
Elders? no   Minister? no
Phone: 777-516-0083   
Size: 25+
10:30-11:30 Bible Class (Clase B?blica) 11:30-12:30 Worship (Servicio de Adoraci?n)   
Non-Intrumental Music (a cappella praise) New Testament Church

Iglesia de Cristo Cuernavaca
22 miles distant
Av. Palmira SN
Col. Palmira Tinguidin
Cuernavaca    Morelos    62490 Mexico   
Contact: Victor Alvarez      
Elders? no   Minister? yes
Phone: 777-516-0083   
Size: 20+
9:30-10:30 Clase B?blica (Bible Class) 10:30-11:30 Servicio de Adoraci?n (Worship Service)   
Iglesia no denominacional, Neotestamentaria y no instrumental. (New Testament Church, Non-denominational, Acappella praise)

Iglesia de Cristo Cuernavaca
22 miles distant
Av. Palmira SN
Col. Palmira Tinguidin
Cuernavaca    Morelos    62490 Mexico   
Contact:      
Elders? no   Minister? no
Phone: 777-516-0083   
Size: 25+
Sunday Service 10:30 - 11:30 Bible Class (Clase Biblica) 11:30 - 12:30 Worship   
Non-instrumental Worship (a cappella praise ) New Testament Church

Also, much of the contact information expires quickly. I cannot tell you which addresses are correct, or which phone numbers are still active.

I do not know all of the things that are pointing you towards Mexico. But, I can tell you another option. I am personally looking at expatriating to the Philippines to make the most of my Social Security. The cost of living there is so low, a person in similar circumstances to what I face is living on $250 per month. Also, English is the second official language; most people speak it. I am trying to arrange my finances as quickly as possible to that end.

I wish you well in your search for the best way to serve the kingdom.

In His Service,
Marvin Howard

Churches Of Christ

Marvin Howard