Churches Of Christ/strong's concordance

Question
Is it true when looking up a word in strong's that the first word used in the definition is the most reliable.

Answer
I would say that is a very good way the view the Strong's Concordance. But another way is to look up a word you are wondering about. Let's say that you know of a verse that has the word your interested in. You could look up the word in a Strong's Concordance and it would give you a listing of all the verses that contain the word your curious about. Then you would see how that word is used in all the other passages of scripture. This is another good way to use Strong's. But no one rule is hard and unmovable. These are manmade helps for a Divinely written Book. Prayer and Bible study is the best tools we have to understand the Mind of God.
Dale

Churches Of Christ

Dale Ferguson