Churches Of Christ/no help

Why are church of christ no help in either spiritual or Financial Matthew 25 says it best but anyway i need some questions answered if constaine changed Saturday to Sunday worship in 321 AD and Jesus died on Friday rested Saturday rose Sunday than it's evident Saturday must be the day of worship if Jesus did it

Miguel, you said, "Why are church of christ no help in either spiritual or Financial."

Number one, I have no idea what you are referring to. Number two, painting a whole group with a broad brush is never a good thing.

As to Sunday worship, it has good support from history. Early Christians celebrated the day the Lord was raised. That took place on Sunday. The Apostle John refers to being in the Spirit on the Lord's Day in .

As to insisting on Saturday as the only day when someone can be considered faithful, try these scriptures:

(14) having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. 16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day. 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Do you judge that worship must be on the Sabbath or others are condemned?

(5) One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 <i> He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. <i>

To sum these up, the Sabbath pointed to the rest we have in Jesus Christ, in Him it is kept perpetually.

If not, consider that the same scripture says that the Levitical priests AND the Sabbath was to be observed perpetually. You will find that perpetually can EITHER mean in scripture something that never ends OR something that is to last for the duration of its intended scope of purpose.

Also, Jesus is Who we were being brought to. Now that we have Him, we have our rest. And that rest, the true Sabbath Rest, is perpetual in the eternal sense through Jesus.

If you want to observe that day, do it for the Lord Like the Apostle Paul said, I'll keep on observing the day I do ALSO for the Lord.  

Churches Of Christ

John Fields

I strive to intelligently and respectfully discuss thoughtful questions pertaining to doctrinal issues within the Churches of Christ and feel I can contribute thoughtful answers in most cases. I feel myself to be especially adept when answering questions regarding the Gospel of Christ and baptism. I always strive to be humble, realizing that there are some issues that are respectfully and honorably debatable. I realize that the Bible is perfect and able to provide any truth that the seeker of truth is after. At the same time I realize that though I am very conscientious about pointing people in the right direction, I am still a fallible human being and certainly capable of making mistakes. I will always give my opinion AS my opinion and strive not to state as fact something which cannot be supported by good logic or a good thorough study through the scriptures.

I am a minister within the Churches of Christ. I have been preaching for 14 years and have been on five separate mission trips to the Volta Region of Ghana, West Africa. I have preached the Gospel to literally thousands of people and it is my passion to do so.

I graduated with honors from Atkins High School in Atkins, AR in 1984. I went on to get my Bible degree at Harding University in Searcy, AR where I graduated Cum Laude.