Churches Of Christ/holy day of worship

If a day is holy and a day of worship shouldn't the whole day be observed holy like the bible says that means no television shopping doing secular activities right

Thank you for writing.

If a day is holy, it should be reserved to God. However, there are no holy days for Churches of Christ. Churches of Christ meet on Sundays because Christ our hope rose on that day. It serves as a reminder of His resurrection, the renewal of all things on a new day. It is also taught that the early disciples met together, heard preaching, and had communion on Sundays. Paul assumes they will meet because he tells them to take their collection when they come together, an example is Acts 20.7.

Churches Of Christ

Hoyt Roberson

I can answer just about any doctrinal, relational, or Scriptural question from a "traditional" church of Christ perspective, and from perspectives of somewhat more progressive congregations. If you want an answer from a particular perspective, let me know that up front, and I'll respond in that vein. If you want to peg me on the liberal-conservative spectrum, I would suggest a bit left of center. Depending on the question though, I might be far left, or perhaps rather toward the right.

I have fifty years as a member of Churches of Christ. Over those five decades, I have taught teen classes, adult classes, served as a deacon and congregational administrator, Lay Leader at two military congregations, and finally as a shepherd of a 500 member congregation. Most of the congregations I have been a member of have been "mainline" congregations, but I am quite familiar with more conservative and more liberal congregations and views as well. I read and subscribe to various books and periodicals for churches of Christ, and have discussed a variety of topics with representatives of our various groups both in person, and via mail. One of my Masters degrees is from Pepperdine, so let that guide your understanding of my formal training.

Christian Association for Psychological Studies, American Association of Christian Counselors, and the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.

I hold a Masters of Ministry degree from Pepperdine University, as well as a Masters of Counseling degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Phoenix.

The greatest temporal honor I have had is to be an elder for ten years. The next greatest temporal honor is having been asked to preach for our current congregation.