Churches Of Christ/online bible studies

Were can you obtain church of christ bible studies online. Can we see spirits scriptures support please. Did constaine change Saturday worship to Sunday worship in 321AD

Hi Miguel

Thanks for writing.

The only place I know of in Scripture where anyone is purported to have seen a spirit is Saul and the witch of Endor. The witch, in the story, calls up Samuel's ghost. However, there are a number of opinions about just what may have happened in that instance.

No, Constantine did not change the day of worship. Even in the New Testament, we are told that the disciples met on the "first day of the week," or Sunday. Sunday worship has been the norm from the beginning. What Constantine did was made Christianity legal.

Church of Christ Bible studies online can be found in a number of places. You might try here to see if any of the links might serve your purposes.

Keep in mind that Churches of Christ have a variety of viewpoints, so some studies may not fit your own views. So, use them with caution.

May our God bless you on your journey

Churches Of Christ

Hoyt Roberson

I can answer just about any doctrinal, relational, or Scriptural question from a "traditional" church of Christ perspective, and from perspectives of somewhat more progressive congregations. If you want an answer from a particular perspective, let me know that up front, and I'll respond in that vein. If you want to peg me on the liberal-conservative spectrum, I would suggest a bit left of center. Depending on the question though, I might be far left, or perhaps rather toward the right.

I have fifty years as a member of Churches of Christ. Over those five decades, I have taught teen classes, adult classes, served as a deacon and congregational administrator, Lay Leader at two military congregations, and finally as a shepherd of a 500 member congregation. Most of the congregations I have been a member of have been "mainline" congregations, but I am quite familiar with more conservative and more liberal congregations and views as well. I read and subscribe to various books and periodicals for churches of Christ, and have discussed a variety of topics with representatives of our various groups both in person, and via mail. One of my Masters degrees is from Pepperdine, so let that guide your understanding of my formal training.

Christian Association for Psychological Studies, American Association of Christian Counselors, and the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.

I hold a Masters of Ministry degree from Pepperdine University, as well as a Masters of Counseling degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Phoenix.

The greatest temporal honor I have had is to be an elder for ten years. The next greatest temporal honor is having been asked to preach for our current congregation.