Churches Of Christ/rebaptism

Question
Can one get rebaptize and what grounds do you get rebaptize

Answer
Acts 2:38 states that baptism is for the purpose of remitting ones sins. If you do not get in the water for this purpose, you were not baptized in the Biblical sense of the word. You simply got wet. If one feels they did not know why they did it, or if they did it for the wrong reason (such as to please a mate), they should be baptized. "Rebaptism" is a misnomer based upon a false precept: to wit, any religious getting wet is baptism. They would simply be getting baptized for the very first time.

Romans 6:3-4 states that baptism is a burial with Christ. It is where the dead man of sin is shed and newness of life (being born again) occurs. If someone tries to bury a corpse by standing it in a corner and tossing a few grains of sand on head, is has never been buried in the first place. To bury it would be to do so for the first time. Likewise with baptism. If someone throws only a few drops of water on the head of the candidate, they have not been baptized. They do not need "rebaptism." They simply still need baptism.

Churches Of Christ

Marvin Howard