Churches Of Christ/omni present

Do you think that satan can be omnipresent like GOD scriptures please and do you think sinners can save sinners or is Christ the only one to save sinners scriptures please

Miguel, at first glance, I thought the beginning question was so obvious. But, the more I considered it, the more legitimate the question became. There is no Scripture saying that Satan is omnipresent. There is no Scripture saying he is not. Then, again, there is neither any such Scripture about God. In fat, the word, even though a Biblical concept, is not even used in the Bible.It is a man-made, physical realm word used to embody an attribute of an eternal nature. So, before continuing, I want to explore with you just what this means, and the broad scope it encompasses.

In the Beginning…

The Bible in general, and Genesis in particular, does not start like any other book. There is no introduction to any character. We begin with God: and He simply is. Compare this with to direct statements of deity, one by God the Father, and one by God the Son.

Exodus 3:14, “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”

John 8:58, “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

Understanding the importance and historical significance of this phrase, three, New Testament books begin with similar phrases; Matthew, Luke, and John. Only one of these three makes a direct appeal to this event, while the others hearken to a new beginning for man, one based upon Jesus as the Messiah.

“I AM.” God is. I could stop there. God is all things. What a beautiful thought this is. God simply is – everything! There is no doubting Him. There is no stopping Him. His perfection and His eternal nature serve as His credentials before us. Here are some specific things I have found in Scripture (both positive and negative) that further define God (specifics underlined). Granted, we already know these things. However, it never hurts to be thorough.

* 1st John 4:8b. “… for God is love.”

* Numbers 23:19a, “God is not a man, that he should lie…”

* Deuteronomy 4:24, “For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.”

* Deuteronomy 4:31a, “(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;)…”

* Deuteronomy 6:4, “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:”

* Deuteronomy 7:21, “Thou shalt not be frightened at them: for the LORD thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.”

* Deuteronomy 10:17a, “For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords…”

* Deuteronomy 33:27a, “The eternal God is thy refuge…”

* 2nd Samuel 22:33a, “God is my strength and power…”

* 2nd Chronicles 30:9b, “…the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him.”

* Job 33:12b “…God is greater than man.”

* Job 36:5, “Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.”

* Job 36:26, “Behold, God is great,”

* Psalm 46:1a, “God is our refuge and strength…”

* Psalm 47:7a, “For God is the King of all the earth…”

* Psalm 50:6b, “…God is judge himself. Selah.”

* Psalm 54:4a, “Behold, God is mine helper…”

* Psalm 59:9b, “…God is my defense.”

* Psalm 62:7, “In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.”

* Psalm 73:1a, “Truly God is good…”

* Psalm 73:26b, “…God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.”

* Psalm 84:11a, “For the LORD God is a sun and shield…”

* Proverbs 30:5a, “Every word of God is pure…”

* Matthew 22:32b, “…God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”

* John 3:33b, “…God is true.”

* John 4:24a, “God is a Spirit…”

* Acts 10:34b “…God is no respecter of persons:”

* 1st Corinthians 1:9, “God is faithful…”

* 1st Corinthians 14:33a, “For God is not the author of confusion…”

* Galatians 6:7a, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked…”

* 1st John 1:5b, “God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.”

Man uses many names to refer to God; it often depends on man’s language and point of view. These Scriptures are not exclusive, but given to prove the uses. He is called; אלהים ('ĕlôhîym - el-o-heem') in Genesis 1:1, יהוה (yehôvâh - yeh-ho-vaw') in Genesis 6:3, ירא (yârê' - yaw-ray') in Psalm 111:9, πατήρ (patēr - pat-ayr') in Matthew 5:45, God, Jehovah, LORD, Fear (Psalm 111:9), and Father. Many of our English translations transcend both the Old and New Testaments. However, when God was asked His name, he said, “I AM” (Exodus 3:14).

In short, this defines all three attributes we use to describe God; His Omnipotence, His Omniscience, and His Omnipresence. He simply is. He is everywhere, and He is everywhen (if you will allow me to coin that expression). We would need to say the same of Satan if he were to have any one of those three attributes.

Revelation 20:1-3, "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

If Satan could be bound, not by God but by a fellow angel, into a specific place, then he cannot be at all places at all times. Thus, he is not omnipresent. However, being an angel, I would feel it safe to say he does have some angelic attributes, such as suddenly being in a place like the angels that appeared to Abraham, Lot, and Jacob in the Old Testament.

Your second question is easier to answer. Many things are said to save us. Just as you cannot take faith to the exclusion of grace and/or confession to save a soul, none of these can be omitted. All work in harmony. They are not at odds with each other as the denominationalists like to pit them. In reality, it only takes a single verse of Scripture to answer.

James 5:20, "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."

Miguel, thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is anything else, just let me know. I am in the Philippines right now, and the internet is spotty at best. I will get to all questions; even if it takes several days.

Churches Of Christ

Marvin Howard

I consider myself to be a "doctrine specialist" if there is such a thing. I offer scripture to support or refute (as needed) any doctrine practiced within what is commonly termed "Christianity" today. I am willing to try questions on prophecy and history, though they are weak points. I have learned a little, however. Also, as I am disabled, I have time to research many things. For example, I can find a congregation of the church within twenty miles of your ZIP Code if one exists. If traveling, I can locate a congregation for your visit. I am accountable in this ministry to a group of Christians. I will share my answers with them for review. If a question is private, I will redact the names for privacy.

I became a Christian on April 7, 1969. I have been a substitute, spur-of-the-moment preacher for thirty years. My last pulpit was with the congregation in Braswell, GA. My sermons have always contained at least fifty percent scripture. On occasion, I have preached in seven states, and four foreign nations. This is beside my online ministry. I am now, officially retired.

I hope to never mislead anyone saying I'm a member of one group, when I'm really in another as one here does. By his own admission, he isn't a member of the church, but of the "Christian Church" (sic) denomination. If I can be honest, I don't know why others would want to lie.

Having already acquired significant Bible education from self-study, I attended 1.5 years of Bible college through the church at Dyersburg, TN (before my health waned) in an attempt to get paper to say I know what I know.