Churches Of Christ/nkjv

Question
Is the nkjv wrong when they use divorce instead of put way

Answer
Hi Garry, I believe the word Jesus used in Matt. and Mk. means "put away" simply (put away as in to set aside or to separate from your spouse, not divorce). The Greek word is (Apoluo) you can find this word in Strongs Greek Lexicon word # 630 Again, I do not believe  Jesus was not talking about divorce. Their is a perfect Greek word for (Divorce) that Greek word is, (Apostation) Greek Lexicon # 647.
You should read some article written by Robert Waters, at "total health . bz" If your really interested in this subject. Some of the matrial by bro. Waters is a must to help your study.
Thanks again,
Dale

Churches Of Christ

Dale Ferguson