Churches Of Christ/nkjv

Is the nkjv wrong when they use divorce instead of put way

Hi Garry, I believe the word Jesus used in Matt. and Mk. means "put away" simply (put away as in to set aside or to separate from your spouse, not divorce). The Greek word is (Apoluo) you can find this word in Strongs Greek Lexicon word # 630 Again, I do not believe  Jesus was not talking about divorce. Their is a perfect Greek word for (Divorce) that Greek word is, (Apostation) Greek Lexicon # 647.
You should read some article written by Robert Waters, at "total health . bz" If your really interested in this subject. Some of the matrial by bro. Waters is a must to help your study.
Thanks again,

Churches Of Christ

Dale Ferguson

I will answer any questions about MDR, church history, approved worship, church organization, baptism or any other Bible question relating to Christian living or worship.

I have studied these Bible subjects with many other men in the pulpits and with long hours of personal study. Most of the men I studied with are of the older schools of preachers. And my answers tend more to be from Bible scripture rather than Bible schools.

I do not belong to any earthly organizations. I am a member of the Body of the Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a Christian only.

As everyone, I believe the truth is to be found in the Bible and not in a man made institution. A mans ability to teach the God's truth does not belong exclusively to man's institutions of higher learning.