Cigars/Calibrating Hygrometer

Bobby wrote at 2010-01-12 03:27:17
In other words, if you set your hygrometer to 98% without placing it in an area of 98% humidity, it will not be accurate..What if your room humidity was 40 percent, and you set your hygrometer at 98?..Do you think it would be CALIBRATED?..No!...at 40 percent humidity, your hygrometer would be reading 98 percent...You have to set the hygrometer to a known percentage thus calibrating it..

Duh. wrote at 2015-10-14 15:30:11
Wow.  What a bad question.  You need to know that you're setting your hygrometer to the correct humidity level, so you create that humidity level and adjust accordingly.  If you just set your hygrometer to 98% while it's in a 70% environment, for example, then your hygrometer will be off by an entire 28%...  C'mon, man.

Cigars

James Yee