Cigars/Rea Cigars

Question
I noticed your comment about Rea Cigars. My Grandfather, Fred Rea and his brothers started Rea Cigars in the 1920's and he sold the business in 1963 to Imperial Tobacco. Fred Rea would only use Cuban tobacco in his hand rolled Cigars. When he was unable to import tobacco from Cuba (missile crisis, Castro) he sold the business and Imperial Tobacco used machines to make the Cigars. The company name was recently sold again to a Dutch company. If you are interested, I have pictures of the Rea cigars factory and an article about my Grandfather closing the company.

Answer
EDIT (3/7/13):

Hi Kathryn,

I received a message from someone today expressing interest in receiving a scan of the article regarding the closing of your grandfather's factory. Would it be possible to send a scan of the article? You can just send me another "question" through allexperts.com and include the scan as a attachment.  I will then archive the message so anyone can view it.  Also, would you be able to include a public/business email address with the message? This way, if there are more people interested in information about Rea's cigars, they can contact you directly.

Sincerest regards,
James

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for the information about your grandfather's cigars. I'm adding this to the question archive so anyone looking for more info on Rea cigars can read it and contact me if necessary.  I can then forward any correspondence or information request to you.

James

Cigars

James Yee