Cigars/Badly sick after inhalling cigar

Question
Hi.I am 22 year old male and a non smoker. Three weeks ago i smoked little cigars and inhaled their smoke a lot. Since them i am feeling heavy and for the last week every time i eat, i want to throw up.
-> i throw up once or twice a day.
-> Feel pressure on chest after eating and lot of discomfort.
-> weakness
I am nonsmoker and would like to be one. I have met a doctor but a cigar expert can understand it better.
kindly suggest what should i do.
Thank you

Answer
Hi Hassan,

The symptoms you have are very typical and consistent with "cigar sickness" but for it to last three weeks is very strange.  Cigar sickness usually lasts between 1-7 days but if you inhaled A LOT OF SMOKE, I can imagine it lasting longer than 1 week.

There isn't any medication for cigar sickness and the only thing you can do is wait for the illness to naturally pass.  

Here are some things you can do to make yourself feel better:

- Sleep as much as you can. If you feel weak, lay down and rest.
- Get as much fresh air if you can, sleep near an open window.  Fresh air will really help you feel better.  Avoid dusty and smoke-filled environments because it will make the lungs and stomach feel worse.
- Do not eat heavy and thick foods and do not eat too much.  Eating bread and drinking very cold (ice) water will make your stomach feel better.
- Do not drink too much water.  You should only sip cold water to keep your mouth from being dry.  Drinking too much water will only make you feel worse.
- Do not eat salty foods or drink alcoholic drinks.  This will make you dehydrated and feel worse.
- Do not force feed yourself food.  If you feel weak and your stomach is sensitive (ie: you want to throw up), do not eat.  Until you feel better, you should only eat when you are very hungry.
- Throw up when you need to.  It will make your stomach feel better.

If you continue to have discomfort and feel weak, I suggest you see a doctor again.  It's possible that you may have a stomach flu.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee